|Agency||Keller Texas Police Department|
|Rank||Officer, Corporal (2015), Sergeant, Officer (2021).|
|Dates of Service||Ended February 1, 2021|
|Salary||$95,184 (2020) |
|Last Known Status||Resigned.|
2020 Arrest of Marco Puente
On February 1, 2021, Shimanek resigned from the department.
On August 19, 2020, an internal investigation concluded that Shimanek had violated the department's code of ethics and conduct, and general orders.
On December 14, 2020, Puente filed a federal lawsuit against the officers, alleging excessive force and unlawful arrest in violation of the Fourth Amendment, retaliatory arrest in violation of the First Amendment, and deliberate interference in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment.
In January 2021, the lawsuit was settled for $200,000.
On May 7, 2021, Shimanek was charged with official oppression, a class A misdemeanor, and faces up to one year in jail.
- Keller Connect, City of Keller, 2015-11-20
- Complaint Advisement Form, Keller Police Department
- Keller Officer Blake Shimanek Resigns After Controversial Arrest Of Father Filming Son’s Arrest, CBS 11, 2021-02-01
- Blake Shimanek Police Officer City of Keller, govSalaries
- Former Keller Officer Indicted After Controversial Arrest Of Father Filming Son’s Traffic Stop, CBS 11, 2021-05-07
- Puente v Shimanek, U.S. District Court, 2020-12-14
- Lori Brown, Keller to pay $200,000 to settle excessive force lawsuit against 2 officers, FOX 4, 2021-01-25
- Ex-Texas officer indicted after man pepper sprayed by police, AP News, 2021-05-09