Sharon Hill Pennsylvania Police Department
|Dates of Service||2015 - January 21, 2022.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2021 Death of Fanta Bility
On November 18, 2021, a grand jury was empaneled to review the officers' use of force.
On January 18, 2022, the DA announced that Bility had been killed by the officers' gunfire, and charged them each with 10 counts of reckless endangerment and singular counts of manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter.
On January 21, 2022, the Borough Council voted to terminate the officers.
On November 10, 2022, the officers pleaded guilty to 10 counts of reckless endangerment. The charges for voluntary and involuntary manslaughter were dropped.
On May 5, 2023, the officers were sentenced to 11 months of house arrest and five years of probation.
- Joseph Wilkinson, 3 Philadelphia-area cops fired after fatally shooting 8-year-old girl, New York Daily News, 2022-01-21
- Deena Zaru, Officers plead guilty to reckless endangerment in fatal shooting of 8-year-old Fanta Bility, ABC News, 2022-11-10
- Charges Announced in the Academy Park Investigation, County of Delaware District Attorney, 2022-01-18
- KC Baker, Three Ex-Police Officers Plead Guilty in Fatal Shooting of 8-Year-Old Girl Who Was Hit With Stray Bullet, People, 2022-11-11
- Maryclaire Dale, Fanta Bility case: Former Pennsylvania police officers sentenced in 8-year-old girl's shooting death, FOX 29, 2023-05-05