2019 Death of Elijah McClain
Rosenblatt applied the first carotid hold and later stated that he released the hold after approximately one second and once they were on the ground after realizing that it was not going to be effective.
On Oct 20, 2019, Kyle Dittrich, Erica Marrero, and Jaron Jones were on-duty and had just completed a call in the area when they took photos near McClain’s memorial. Rosenblatt was sent the picture, and responded "HaHa".
On June 13, 2020, Rosenblatt and Nathan Woodyard were "moved off regular duty for their own protection" and are "now working in a non-enforcement capacity." Randy Roedema was reassigned on June 20, 2020.
On July 2, 2020, Rosenblatt sued the Aurora Police Chief and City Manager, claiming that his firing - announced the next day - had denied him some of his rights..
On July 3, 2020, Kyle Dittrich, Erica Marrero, and Rosenblatt were fired for their involvement in the photographs. Aurora Police Department Chief Vanessa Wilson cited "conduct unbecoming."
On July 8, 2020, Marrero and Dittrich appealed the firing..
In February, 2021, the terminations were upheld by the Aurora Civil Service Commission
On September 27, 2021, Rosenblatt's lawsuit against the police chief and city manager was dismissed based on an agreement by both sides.
On September 1, 2021, Rosenblatt was charged with manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, second-degree assault with intent to cause bodily injury, and one count of a crime of violence, as part of a 32-count indictment. 
- Termination of an Aurora Police Association Member, Aurora Police Association Board of Directors, 2020-07-03
- Investigation Report and Recommendations, City of Aurora, 2021-02-22
- Keith Coffman, Colorado police officers fired after photos mocking death of Black man surface, Reuters, 2020-07-03
- Victoria Albert, Officers involved in Elijah McClain's death re-assigned in "effort to protect" them, CBS News, 2020-06-26
- Lori Jane Gliha, Fired officer involved in Elijah McClain altercation, photo scandal sues city leaders, KDVR Fox 31, 2020-07-22
- Jennifer Campbell-Hicks, Firings upheld for 3 officers in case of photo taken near Elijah McClain memorial, 9news, 2021-02-09
- Vanessa Wilson, Photo Investigation Press Conference, Aurora Police Department, 2020-07-03
- Lawsuit by Colorado cop fired in photo scandal is dismissed, AP News, 2021-09-28
- Erik Ortiz, "Grand jury in Elijah McClain investigation indicts officers, medics in 2019 death", NBC News, 2021-09-01
- Janet Oravetz, Grand jury returns 32-count indictment in Elijah McClain case, 9News, 2020-09-01
- Lanie Lee Cook, Elijah McClain indictments: Who was charged?, KDVR, 2021-09-01
- Statewide grand jury returns 32-count indictment against Aurora Police officers and Aurora Fire Rescue paramedics in the death of Elijah McClain, Colorado Attorney General, 2021-09-01