Aurora Colorado Police Department
|Dates of Service||2002 - May 1, 2023.|
|Last Known Status||Resigned.|
2021 Arrest for Domestic Violence
On November 22, 2021, Stahnke and her wife were arguing when Stahnke grabbed her spouse's arm firmly enough to leave bruises and "intentionally spit on the victim's face".
On November 22, 2021, Stahnke was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault and disturbing the peace. 
On November 27, 2021, Stahnke was arrested for violating a protection order as she attempted to retrieve a vehicle from the house.
In October 2022, Stahnke returned to the department in a non-enforcement role.
On November 29, 2022, a judge found Stahnke guilty of violating a court order and sentenced her to 12 months probation.
On April 28, 2023, the department completed their investigation and notified Stahnke that they planned to fire her.
On May 1, 2023, Stahnke resigned.
- Michael Roberts, Aurora Police Officer Julie Stahnke Busted for Alleged Domestic Violence, Westword, 2021-12-07
- Brian Maass, Aurora Police Agent Julie Stahnke resigns in face of firing, CBS Colorado, 2023-05-09
- Julie Stahnke A Aurora Police Department, govSalaries
- Kevin Vaughan, Aurora police officer on leave after being charged with assault, violating protection order, 9News, 2021-12-06
- Brian Maass, Aurora cop found guilty of violating court order: "Very concerning behavior" says judge, CBS News, 2022-11-30