|Agency||San Jose California Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2018.|
|Last Known Status||Administrative Leave|
2021 Sexual Assault of Jennifer Rodrigues
In May 2021, Dominguez allegedly sexually assaulted Rodrigues at a party at a home in Campbell, California.
In June 2021, Rodrigues reported the assault to San Jose's Office of the Independent Police Auditor, which contacted the SJPD Internal Affairs Unit. The information was shared with the Campbell Police Department.
Campbell police detectives investigated and sent the results to the Santa Clara County District Attorney.
The District Attorney declined to file charges.
2022 Indecent Exposure
After initiating an investigation, Dominguez sent the other officers to search for the subject. While talking to the sister and mother of the suspect, Dominguez unzipped his pants, put his hand inside his zipper, and rubbed his crotch. The mother later saw Dominguez's penis fully exposed outside of his pants. The women left the house and reported the incident to other family members. The father entered the house and saw Dominguez with his penis in his hand.
The officers were wearing body-worn cameras.
Dominguez was placed on paid administrative leave.
- Jordan Gartner, DA: Officer charged for masturbating in front of victims while investigating disturbance, WVLT, 2022-05-14
- Matthew Dominguez, Police Officer, San Jose, govSalaries
- Summer Lin, San Jose police officer charged with masturbating on duty was previously accused of off-duty sex assault, Mercury News, 2022-05-19
- Statement of Fact, District Attorney
- SJPD Officer Charged with Indecent Exposure, Office of the District Attorney, 2022-05-12