2019 Death of Elijah McClain
Woodyard received the pictures that were taken in October, 2019, but was not disciplined because he didn't respond.
On June 13, 2020, Woodyard, Jason Rosenblatt were "moved off regular duty for their own protection" and are "now working in a non-enforcement capacity." Randy Roedema was reassigned on June 20, 2020.
- Erik Ortiz, "Grand jury in Elijah McClain investigation indicts officers, medics in 2019 death", NBC News, 2021-09-01
- Dave Young, Report on the Investigation into the death of Elijah McClain, District Attorney's Office, 2019-11-22
- Patty Nieberg, Cops fired over photos of chokehold used on Elijah McClain, Associated Press, 2020-07-10
- Victoria Albert, Officers involved in Elijah McClain's death re-assigned in "effort to protect" them, CBS News, 2020-06-26
- Lanie Lee Cook, Elijah McClain indictments: Who was charged?, KDVR, 2021-09-01
- Statewide grand jury returns 32-count indictment against Aurora Police officers and Aurora Fire Rescue paramedics in the death of Elijah McClain, Colorado Attorney General, 2021-09-01