Harris County Texas Precinct 4 Constable's Office
|Dates of Service||Approximately 2014 - April 15, 2022|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
The District Attorney's office said that Espinosa was arrested four times in Harris County between 2001 and 2008 for driving violations, such as failure to pay parking tickets or failure to appear. A news outlet found six mugshots for prior arrests from 2007 and 2015, including a 2003 arrest for driving on a suspended license.
2022 Arrest for Theft
From September 2021 to March 2022, Espinosa stole $5,700 from four Vietnamese businesses while in uniform and driving his patrol vehicle. Espinosa would disconnect security cameras and demand cash from the register and tip jar.
On April 15, 2022, Espinosa was fired.
On October 17, 2022, Espinosa was indicted on two counts of bribery and one charge of theft by a public servant. The bribery charges are second-degree felonies, punishable by up to 20 years in prison. The theft charge is a third-degree felony, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
- Moriah Ballard, Harris County Pct. 4 deputy arrested, accused of stealing more than $5K from businesses, documents say, Click 2 Houston, 2022-04-16
- Daniela Hurtado, Former Harris Co. Pct. 4 Deputy Constable accused of robbing Vietnamese businesses while in uniform, ABC 13, 2022-04-16
- Bobby Joe Espinosa, Constable, Precinct - Deputy, Harris County, govSalaries
- Rosie Nguyen, Former boss of deputy accused of theft while wearing police uniform speaks out, ABC 13, 2022-04-18
- Rosie Nguyen, Former Pct. 4 deputy accused of stealing from Vietnamese businesses indicted on 3 charges, ABC 13, 2022-10-18