Bridgeport Connecticut Police Department
|Dates of Service||2000 - November 11, 2021|
|Last Known Status||Resigned|
2010 Arrest of William Feliciano
On December 3, 20210, Feliciano led officers on a vehicle chase. Feliciano filed a lawsuit, claiming that he was repeatedly kicked and punched while handcuffed, resulting in a broken jaw, broken teeth, and concussion-like symptoms.
Martin was named in the lawsuit, but his role is not described.
On November 11, 2021, Martin participated in a drug bust. While processing the scene, $500 was inventoried as having been found in the suspect's car. An inspector noticed that the cash had been removed from evidence, and it was found in Martin's possession.
On November 11, 2021, Martin resigned.
The department had been preparing suspension paperwork when Martin resigned.
Martin was arrested and charged with second-degree larceny and tampering with evidence.
Martin pleaded guilty to second-degree larceny.
On August 30, 2023, Martin received a suspended two-year sentence, followed by probation.
- Kaitlyn Naples, Bridgeport police officer resigns following arrest, WFSB, 2021-11-12
- Martin Christopher Police Officer City of Bridgeport, govSalaries
- Michael Mayko, Lawsuit seeks $3.5 million from police, ctpost, 2011-12-16
- Daniel Tepfer, Prosecutor: Bridgeport cop caught stealing cash in major drug bust, ctpost, 2021-11-12
- Daniel Tepfer, Former Bridgeport cop gets suspended term for stealing money at drug bust, ctpost, 2023-08-30