San Antonio Texas Police Department
|Dates of Service||Ended 2019.|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
Leon Valley Texas Police Department
|Dates of Service||Ended April, 2021.|
Elmendorf Texas Police Department
|Agency||Elmendorf Texas Police Department|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2015 Arrest of Lionel Flores
On April 24, 2015, Montoya kicked a handcuffed prisoner and put her foot on his neck.
On October 1, 2015, Montoya received a 10-day suspension for violating department rules pertaining to responsibility to serve the public and for stopping her body camera while not permitted to. The suspension was reduced to five days.
Montoya was criminally investigated and the findings were forwarded to the District Attorney's office, but charges were not brought.
2018 Threat to Deploy Taser
On August 20, 2018, Montoya was clearing transients from the parking lot of a convenience store when she threatened to deploy her stun gun on a homeless person while telling them to pick up their trash.
Montoya was suspended for 10 days, but the indefinite suspension in the Esparza incident superseded the disciplinary action.
2018 Arrest of Kimberly Esparza
On January 16, 2019, Montoya was indefinitely suspended due to use of "unnecessary physical violence" and treating Esparza inhumanely.
The police department forwarded a criminal case against Montoya to the Bexar County District Attorney's Office for prosecution. Montoya was not charged.
In 2022, a third-party arbitrator reduced Montoya's indefinite suspension to 45 days.
- Dillon Collier, Ex-SAPD officer who repeatedly punched handcuffed pregnant woman lands at Elmendorf PD, '2021-12-02
- Elizabeth Jean Montoya, Open Payrolls
- Officer fired after punching pregnant woman, yanking her out of car by hair, records show, KSAT, 2019-02-27
- SAPD officer fired for repeatedly punching handcuffed pregnant woman still fighting to win back job, KSAT, 2021-11-01
- Agreed Suspension, San Antonio Police Department, 2015-10-01
- San Antonio police officer back on the job after punching pregnant woman in the head, NEWS 4, 2022-08-24