Chino California Police Department
|Dates of Service||2003 - October 1, 2019|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2019 Sex with a Minor
On March 7, 2019, Bemowski was arrested on suspicion of solicitation of prostitution and unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.
In March 2019, Bemowski was placed on paid administrative leave.
In April 2019, Bemowski applied for an industrial disability pension, alleging that he had suffered injuries to his shoulders and back while training in 2002. If approved, Bemowski could retire at a younger age with full benefits and avoid paying income tax.
On October 28, 2019, Bemowski was charged with Contact with A Minor For A Sexual Offense and Unlawful Sexual Intercourse.
On March 2, 2021, Bemowski pleaded no contest to a felony count of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, for committing a sex crime against a 16-year-old girl. A felony count of contact with a minor for sex was dropped as part of the plea bargain.. The felony conviction precludes Bemowski from ever holding the title of police officer again.
On August 4, 2021, Bemowski was sentenced to one day in jail and three years' probation.
- Marie Estrada, Police Sergeant arrested, allegedly linked to prostitution, ABC 10, 2019-03-08
- Andrew Sheeler, California police officer fired over sex crime fights CalPERS to keep disability pension, Sacramento Bee, 2021-11-10
- Jason Bemowski J Sergeant Chino, govSalaries
- Brian Rokos, Chino police sergeant accused of sex with 16-year-old girl has his Explorers role under scrutiny, Daily Bulletin, 2019-03-08
- Marissa Wenzke, Ex-Chino police sergeant admits to sex crime against 16-year-old human trafficking victim, KTLA, 2021-03-03
- Former Police Sergeant Pleads Guilty to Sex Crime; District Attorney Jason Anderson Responds, San Bernardino District Attorney, 2021-03-04
- Josh Thompson, Fired Chino Police sergeant receives three years probation after no contest plea for sex with 16-year-old girl, Champion Newspapers, 2021-08-04