DeSoto County Louisiana Sheriff's Office
|Last Known Status||Resigned|
Coushatta Louisiana Police Department
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2019 Arrest of Jarius Brown
On September 27, 2019, Brown was arrested on a stolen vehicle charge. He alleges that several deputies, including Pouncy, beat him at the jail, breaking his nose and eye socket.
A state trooper captured video on his body-worn camera at the jail, showing Brown beaten and unresponsive to questioning.
On September 24, 2021, a lawsuit was filed against Pouncy.
The Louisiana State Police opened an investigation.
The United States Attorney's Office opened an investigation.
2021 Deer Poaching
On December 5, 2021, game wardens responded to a report of gunfire. They found Pouncy and three other men in a department patrol vehicle, using a spotlight to hunt deer. Pouncy was off-duty at the time.
Pouncy was suspended.
Pouncy was cited for hunting without a license, hunting deer during illegal hours, and for hunting from a moving vehicle.
The Red River Parish Sheriff's Office charged Pouncy with trespassing.
Conviction on all charges would carry maximum penalties of $2,000 in fines and 240 days in jail.
- Janet Mcconnaughey, ACLU lawsuit: Louisiana deputies punched Black man in 2019, WSLS, 2021-09-29
- Officer accused of using a patrol car in illegal deer hunt, KTBS, 2021-12-08
- Videos raise questions whether DeSoto Parish deputies used excessive force, KSLA, 2020-07-30
- Brown v Pouncy, U.S. District Court
- Rachel Thomas, Former DeSoto corrections officer charged in 2019 excessive force incident, KSLA, 2023-09-07
- Former Louisiana Correctional Officer Charged with Federal Civil Rights and Obstruction Offenses Involving Excessive Force Incident, U.S. Department of Justice, 2023-09-07
- Dac Collins, A Louisiana Police Officer Was Cited for Poaching From a Patrol Car, Outdoor Life, 2021-12-08