|Agency||DeSoto County Louisiana Sheriff's Office|
|Last Known Status||Resigned|
|Agency||Coushatta Louisiana Police Department|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2019 Arrest of Jarius Brown
On September 27, 2019, Brown was arrested on a stolen vehicle charge. He alleges that several deputies, including Pouncy, beat him at the jail, breaking his nose and eye socket.
A state trooper captured video on his body-worn camera at the jail, showing Brown beaten and unresponsive to questioning.
On September 24, 2021, a lawsuit was filed against Pouncy.
2021 Deer Poaching
On December 5, 2021, game wardens responded to a report of gunfire. They found Pouncy and three other men in a department patrol vehicle, using a spotlight to hunt deer. Pouncy was off-duty at the time.
Pouncy was suspended.
Pouncy was cited for hunting without a license, hunting deer during illegal hours, and for hunting from a moving vehicle.
The Red River Parish Sheriff’s Office charged Pouncy with trespassing.
Conviction on all charges would carry maximum penalties of $2,000 in fines and 240 days in jail.
- Janet Mcconnaughey, ACLU lawsuit: Louisiana deputies punched Black man in 2019, WSLS, 2021-09-29
- Officer accused of using a patrol car in illegal deer hunt, KTBS, 2021-12-08
- Videos raise questions whether DeSoto Parish deputies used excessive force, KSLA, 2020-07-30
- Brown v Pouncy, U.S. District Court
- Dac Collins, A Louisiana Police Officer Was Cited for Poaching From a Patrol Car, Outdoor Life, 2021-12-08