From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
|Agency||Virginia Minnesota Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2014.|
|Last Known Status||Administrative Leave|
2017 Virginia Police Department Life Saver Award
In 2017, Grivna received the Life Saver Award from the Virginia Police Department.
2021 St. Louis County Life Saver Award
On April 21, 2022, Grivna received the Life Saver Award for helping to extract a woman from a fire at an apartment building on February 28, 2021.
2018 Death of Scot Widmark
On November 27, 2018, Widmark forced a woman from a car with a knife before holding a man hostage as a human shield. Grivna shot Widmark, killing him.
On January 10, 2019, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension ruled the shooting to be justified.
2022 Death of Michael Johnson
Grivna was placed on leave.
- ↑ Subject, Officers Identified in Officer Involved Shooting in Chisholm, News Release, Minnesota Department of Public Safety, 2022-04-22
- ↑ 2017 Year in Review, Virginia Police Department, 2017
- ↑ Brady Slater, St. Louis County honors 15 for heroic acts in 2021, Duluth News Tribune, 2022-04-13
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Virginia police officer cleared in fatal shooting, MPR News, 2019-01-10
- ↑ Matt Sepic, Man shot by police in Chisholm identified, MPR News, 2022-04-23
Recent articles: Larry McDonald Jr., Bradley Mouser, Samuel Fuller, Austin Heiselman (2023), Beri Dave (2020)