|Agency||Luxora Arkansas Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Earlier dates, also part time from approximately 2019.|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
|Agency||Turrell Arkansas Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Ended December 8, 2021|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
Jennings' employment files with the Luxora Police Department show at least four employee warnings between 1994-97, including insubordination, failure to follow procedures, taking a patrol car out of town, and scheduling a meeting with the mayor.
2021 Harassment Complaint
On October 2, 2021, a female apartment manager called police for assistance with a tenant. Jennings responded, and offered the woman "to take a ride in my truck and will go to the country and make a statement".
The woman reported other interactions with Jennings, including once when he "was rubbing his penis" while talking to her.
2021 Sexual Assault
On October 3, 2021, a woman was driving through Turrell and stopped at a gas station to sleep before continuing her trip. Jennings woke the woman by knocking on her window to see if she was OK. Jennings noticed a bag that he thought to be marijuana, and told the woman to follow him to the police station. During their discussion at the station, the woman asked to use the bathroom. Jennings followed her and began forcibly touching her in a sexual manner. Jennings offered to dispose of the marijuana in exchange for her silence, but also noted that he knew her address and vehicle information.
The woman reported the incident to the Crittenden County Sheriff's Office the same day.
The Crittenden County Sheriff's Office started an investigation, which was later transferred to the Arkansas State Police.
Jennings was suspended, pending the investigation.
On December 8, 2021, Jennings was arrested and charged with felony rape and sexual extortion.
On December 8, 2021, Jennings was fired by the city of Turrell.
In September 2022, the charges against Jennings were dropped by a judge after "evidensary issues came to light".
- Brianna Kwasnik, East Arkansas police chief arrested, charged with rape in encounter with drug suspect, Arkansas Online, 2021-12-10
- Perry Jennings, Police Officer, City of Luxora, govSalaries
- Chris Carter, Police chief arrested for rape, sexual extortion; no longer works for department, KAIT8, 2021-10-11
- Chris Carter, Records reveal additional inappropriate sexual behavior complaint against fired police chief, Action News 5, 2021-12-28
- Chris Carter, Charges against former police chief charged with rape dropped, KAIT, 2023-01-26