|Agency||New York City New York Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Approximately 1999-2021.|
|Last Known Status||Retired|
1999 Complaint of Abuse of Authority
On March 23, 1999, a complaint was filed against Shaw for abuse of authority, refusal to obtain medical treatment, and physical force. The Civilian Complaint Review Board investigated, and determined the first charges to be unfounded, and that the use of force did not violate the department's rules.
2006 DUI Arrest
Shaw was charged with DWI after he crashed into several parked cars.
2012 Arrest of Yaher Israel Babayof
On May 29, 2006, Babayof was arrested in a landlord/tenant dispute. The outcome of that arrest is unknown.
On February 20, 2007, Babayof was arrested in a landlord/tenant dispute with the same tenant.
On November 15, 2007, Babayof was arrested after going to a police station after an altercation. The outcome of that arrest is unknown. 
On December 9, 2009, one or both of the 2006 and 2007 charges were dismissed.
On October 10, 2010, Babayof was arrested for violating an order of protection that had been obtained by his sister. In April 2011, the case was dismissed.
On January 3, 2012, Babayof was arrested for breaking a window and violating an order of protection.
On February 20, 2012, Babayof was arrested for violating an order of protection and injuring his sister. The charges were dismissed.
On January 16, 2013, the court dismissed the complaints against the city, state, and police department.
On February 13, 2013, Babayof filed an amended complaint against the city and eleven unnamed officers.
On February 28, 2013, the court dismissed the claims for the 2006 and 2007 arrests as not being timely and required that Babayof submit an amended complaint with more information.
On March 1, 2013, the claim for the 2012 arrest was dismissed.
On March 29, 2013, Babayof submitted an second amended complaint.
On January 13, 2014, the court noted that Babayof was not actively participating in his case, and gave him one more chance to file the requested paperwork.
The case was settled for $1,000.
The case was settled for $75,000.
2013 Complaint of Abuse of Authority
On April 10, 2013, a complaint was filed against Shaw for abuse of authority and entering/searching premises. The Civilian Complaint Review Board investigated, but could not conclude both that the conduct occurred and that it broke the rules.
2013 Complaint of Abuse of Authority
On September 23, 2013, a complaint was filed against Shaw for abuse of authority and threat of arrest. The complaint was withdrawn.
2016 Arrest of Jemal Earle
On January 13, 2016, Jemal Earle filed a lawsuit against the city, Shaw, and several other officers, alleging violations of his Constitutional rights due to an assault after Earle testified against one of the officers at a DMV hearing..
An amended complaint no longer lists Shaw.
2019 Death of Joanna Dixon
On December 9, 2019, Shaw was suspended without pay.
Shaw was charged with criminally negligent homicide, vehicular manslaughter, reckless driving, speeding and driving while impaired by alcohol.
On December 9, 2019, the District Attorney's office announced that the charges against Shaw were deferred.
- Thomas Tracy, NYPD mucked up investigation into drunk-driving off-duty city cop: lawsuit, NY Daily News, 2021-11-03
- Rohan Shaw L Police Officer Police Department, govSalaries
- Complaint from March 21, 1999, 50-a.org, 1999-03-23
- Craig McCarthy, Charges walked back against off-duty cop involved in fatal T-bone crash, NY Post, 2019-12-09
- Babayof v City of New York Order, United States District Court, 2013-03-28
- Babayof v City of New York Order, United States District Court, 2013-03-29
- Babayof v. State of New York et al, govinfo
- Babayof v City of New York Opinion, United States District Court, 2014-01-13
- Diaz v City of New York et al, Supreme Court of New York, 2013-01-30
- Complaint from January 27, 2013, 50-a.org, 2013-04-10
- Complaint from September 22, 2013, 50-a.org, 2013-09-23
- Earle v. City of New York, Court Listener
- Earle v. City of New York Amended Complaint, United States District Court, 2016-08-05
- Mark Sundstrom, Off-duty NYPD officer facing serious charges in deadly Brooklyn collision: police, PIX11, 2019-11-09