Long Beach California Police Department
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2005.|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
Records show that Reyes received multiple complaints since 2014, including 14 use-of-force investigations and 11 citizen complaints.
2018 Arrest Report
Detectives found that the officers' written reports were inconsistent with surveillance video, specifically in the manner in which the weapon was recovered. It was determined that the wrong man had been arrested, and he was later released without being charged.
In January 2019, the department concluded their investigation, and forwarded it to the District Attorney's office.
On December 1, 2021, Reyes was suspended and placed on administrative leave.
On April 4, 2022, Reyes pleaded not guilty to the charges.
2018 Arrest of Christopher Williams
On March 24, 2018, Reyes encountered Williams, who was recording a street fight. As Williams was watching over an unknown injured man, Reyes and another officer handcuffed him and put him in a police van. After an hour, Williams was released, but found that he could not move his arm. Williams sought care and was diagnosed with a fractured elbow.
On November 7, 2019, Williams filed a lawsuit, claiming that Reyes violated his rights under the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendements by using unlawful force, denying him medical care, and conspiring with other officers to cover up the use of force.
In March 2022, the city of Long Beach paid $499,800 to settle the lawsuit.
- Jeremiah Dobruck, 2 LBPD officers arrested on suspicion of filing false police reports, department says, Long Beach Post, 2020-12-03
- Reyes Dedier Police Officer Long Beach, govSalaries
- Kelly Puente, LBPD failed to disclose an officer was suspected of lying, drawing rebuke from federal judge, Long Beach Post, 2021-12-28
- Fernando Haro, DA charges 2 Long Beach officers with lying about an arrest 3 years ago, Long Beach Post, 2021-12-06
- 2 Long Beach police officers plead not guilty to filing false police report, Press-Telegram, 2022-04-04
- Long Beach Police Department Presents Case Against Two LBPD Officers for Filing False Report, Long Beach Police Department, 2020-12-03
- Williams v. City of Long Beach Complaint, U.S. District Court
- Kelly Puente,Long Beach settles alleged police brutality case involving officer accused of lying, Long Beach Post, 2022-03-10