|Agency||Long Beach California Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2016.|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2018 Arrest Report
In February 15, 2018, Officers Salcedo and Dedier Reyes detained two men and found a bag containing a handgun. One man was arrested.
Detectives found that the officers' written reports were inconsistent with surveillance video, specifically in the manner in which the weapon was recovered. It was determined that the wrong man had been arrested, and he was later released without being charged.
In January 2019, the department concluded their investigation, and forwarded it to the District Attorney's office.
On December 1, 2021, Salcedo was suspended and placed on administrative leave.
On December 3, 2021, Salcedo was arrested on charges of filing a false police report, and filing a false government document.
On April 4, 2022, Salcedo pleaded not guilty to the charges.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Jeremiah Dobruck, 2 LBPD officers arrested on suspicion of filing false police reports, department says, Long Beach Post, 2020-12-03
- ↑ David Mariano Salcedo Police Officer Long Beach, govSalaries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fernando Haro, DA charges 2 Long Beach officers with lying about an arrest 3 years ago, Long Beach Post, 2021-12-06
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 2 Long Beach police officers plead not guilty to filing false police report, Press-Telegram, 2022-04-04
- ↑ Long Beach Police Department Presents Case Against Two LBPD Officers for Filing False Report, Long Beach Police Department, 2020-12-03
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney