Long Beach California Police Department
|Dates of Service||2016. - April 2022.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated |
2018 Arrest Report
Detectives found that the officers' written reports were inconsistent with surveillance video, specifically in the manner in which the weapon was recovered. It was determined that the wrong man had been arrested, and he was later released without being charged.
In January 2019, the department concluded their investigation, and forwarded it to the District Attorney's office.
On December 1, 2021, Salcedo was suspended and placed on administrative leave.
On April 4, 2022, Salcedo pleaded not guilty to the charges.
In April 2022, Salcedo was fired.
On September 27, 2023, a jury acquitted Salcedo on all charges.
- Jeremiah Dobruck, 2 LBPD officers arrested on suspicion of filing false police reports, department says, Long Beach Post, 2020-12-03
- James Queally, Long Beach police officers acquitted of perjury, filing false reports, Los Angeles Times, 2023-09-27
- David Mariano Salcedo Police Officer Long Beach, govSalaries
- Fernando Haro, DA charges 2 Long Beach officers with lying about an arrest 3 years ago, Long Beach Post, 2021-12-06
- 2 Long Beach police officers plead not guilty to filing false police report, Press-Telegram, 2022-04-04
- Long Beach Police Department Presents Case Against Two LBPD Officers for Filing False Report, Long Beach Police Department, 2020-12-03