Davis' Linkedin profile also shows him at the Mount Vernon Alabama Police Department.
|Agency||Creola Alabama Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Approximately January 2021 through May 3, 2021|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2021 Assault of Joshua Brady
On May 3, 2021, Davis was fired.
On May 7, 2021, a grand jury indicted Davis on two charges of assault, including second-degree assault, which is a Class C felony punishable by one to 10 years in prison, and third-degree assault, which is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.
On September 20, 2021, the charges against Davis were upgraded to attempted murder, second-degree assault, and first-degree kidnapping.
On January 31, 2022, Brady filed a lawsuit against the city, the police chief, and Davis, alleging use of excessive force.
In May 2022, Davis was charged with violating the civil rights of a prisoner in his custody. Davis could face up to 10 years in federal prison.
On May 25, 2022, Davis pleaded guilty to depriving Brady "of the right to be free of the deprivation of liberty without due process of law, which includes the right to be free from the use of unreasonable force by a law enforcement officer". He faces up to 10 years in prison when sentenced.
On September 6, 2022, a judge sentenced Davis to time served, plus three years' of probation.
- Gary Davis, LinkedIn
- Brendan Kirby, Creola police officer charged with beating inmate, FOX10 TV, 2021-05-07
- Meaghan Mackey, Former Creola police officer charged with attempted murder after allegedly tying rope around inmate’s neck, beating him, WKRG, 2021-09-21
- Brady v. City of Creola, Alabama et al, U.S. District Court
- Keith Lane, Former Creola police officer faces federal charge over alleged abuse of city jail inmate, NBC 15, 2022-05-18
- Fomer Creola Police Officer Pleads Guilty to Depriving Arrestee of Civil Rights by Use of Unreasonable Force, U.S. Attorney's Office, 2022-05-25
- Brendan Kirby, No prison for former Creola officer who admitted to beating inmate, federal judge rules, FOX 10, 2022-09-06