Anaheim California Police Department
|Last Known Status||Active|
2015 Distinguished Service Award
On May 28, 2015, Delgado received a Distinguished Service Award from the Anaheim Police Department.
2018 Shooting of John Yamashita-Magarro
On March 27, 2018, Delgado assisted other departments in locating Yamashita-Magarro, who had fled a vehicle that was related to someone who was wanted for violating their parole. Yamashita-Magarro was not cooperative with officers, and made officers believe that he was drawing a weapon from his waistband. Delgado fired one round before his weapon failed. Later, another officer fired, striking Yamashita-Magarro and ending the incident.
On March 24, 2020, the District Attorney determined that the shooting was reasonable and justified.
2021 Death of Brandon Lopez
On November 23, 2021, Lopez's family filed a claim against the city and officers involved in the shooting. Filing a claim is required before filing a lawsuit.
On November 1, 2023, the state's Department of Justice cleared the officers of any wrong-doing, stating that the officers acted with intent to defend themselves and others.
- Officer-Involved Shooting on March 27, 2018, Orange County District Attorney, 2020-03-24
- Paul Delgado J City Of Anaheim, govSalaries
- Lori Basheda, Anaheim PD honors its own for excelling in a ‘tough and demanding’ profession, Behind the Badge, 2015-06-07
- Family Files Legal Claim in Man’s Killing by Anaheim PD, My News LA, 2021-11-23
- Hunter Lee, State Department of Justice clears Anaheim officers in 2021 shooting of Brandon Lopez, Orange County Register, 2023-11-01