|Agency||Sebastian Florida Police Department|
|Dates of Service||August 20, 2018 - December 21, 2021.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated.|
2019 Lifesaving Medal
In June 2019, Quinn and other officers received a Lifesaving Medal for saving a person in a burning building.
2020 Citizen Complaint
On August 31, 2020, Quinn entered his girlfriend's house against her wishes, and went through her things.
2020 Citizen Complaint
On November 22, 2020, Quinn and his girlfriend were at a convenience store when another man approached his girlfriend. Quinn identified himself as a police officer, threatened to kill the man, and displayed a concealed weapon. The man filed a complaint against Quinn.
The department investigated, during which Quinn lied about owning a weapon similar to the one described by the man.
2021 Violation of a Protection Order
On March 1, 2021, Quinn's ex-girlfriend posted accusations of abuse and dating violence.
On March 5, 2021, Quinn was served with a restraining order which stated that he could not contact his ex-girlfriend.
On March 6, 2021, Quinn contacted his ex-girlfriend via social media.
On March 8, 2021, the ex-girlfriend reported the contact to the Vero Beach Police Department.
On March 3, 2021, Quinn was placed on paid administrative leave.
An investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement found uncorroborated and contradictory evidence, which would not sustain charges being filed.
An internal investigation found that Quinn had violated policies for aggravated assault, state law violations, trespassing in a dwelling, on-duty sexual activity, on-duty exchange of sexually explicit photos, disobeying direct orders, and untruthfulness. The accusations of dating violence were not sustained.
On December 21, 2021, Quinn was fired.
- Swearing In, Sebastian Police Department, 2018-08-20
- Corey Arwood, 'Hundreds of hours': Sebastian cop fired, not charged after months-long dating violence investigation, Treasure Coast Palm, 2021-12-22
- Thomas Quinn Police Officer City of Sebastian, govSalaries
- Andy Hodges, Sebastian Police Department Lifesaving Medals, Sebastian Times, 2019-06-12
- Arrest Warrant, State of Florida, 2021-04-26
- Andy Hodges, Sebastian Police Officer Arrested After Violating Court Injunction, Sebastian Daily, 2021-04-28