|Agency||Dona Ana County New Mexico Sheriff's Office|
|Dates of Service||October 2003 - September 2014.|
|Last Known Status||Resigned|
|Agency||Anthony New Mexico Police Department|
|Dates of Service||September 28, 2018 - March 21, 2019.|
2020 Arrest for Tampering
On May 23, 2020, a cleaning crew found crime scene evidence from Dona Ana County in Lopez's foreclosed home. Investigators found 72 pieces of evidence for 9 cases, dating from 2009-2013.
On December 2, 2021, New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy voted to revoke Lopez's law enforcement certification.
Lopez retired in 2014, before the evidence was located.
On July 30, 2020, Lopez was arrested and charged with 18 counts of tampering with evidence and public records.
Lopez pleaded not guilty.
- Deputy Charged with Tampering with Evidence, The Bexar County Jail, 2020-08-02
- Agenda, City of Anthony Board of Trustees, 2018-11-21
- Bethany Brunelle-Raja, Mountains of police evidence found in foreclosed home of ex-Doña Ana County sheriff deputy, Las Cruses Sun News, 2020-07-30
- Jeannie Nguyen, Former Dona Ana County deputy arrested, charged with tampering with evidence, KRQE, 2020-07-31
- Justin Garcia, State board revokes former DASO deputy's law enforcement certification, Las Cruses Sun News, 2021-12-03