From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
Torrance California Police Department
|Dates of Service||2016 - July 21, 2020|
|Last Known Status||Separated|
Weldin was placed on leave pending an investigation.
On July 21, 2020, Weldin left the department.
On August 19, 2021, the District Attorney charged Weldin with vandalism and conspiracy to commit vandalism.
On August 19. 2021, Weldin pleaded not guilty.
In January 2022, Swaine filed a lawsuit that accused the officers of unlawful search and seizure, unlawful taking of his property, and violating his constitutional rights.
In February 2022, the city paid Swaine $750,000 to settle the lawsuit.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 James Queally, Ex-Torrance police officers charged with spray-painting swastika on car, Los Angeles Times, 2021-08-19
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Torrance: 2 ex-police officers charged with vandalism after swastika spray-painted on impounded car, ABC 7, 2021-08-20
- ↑ Cody Weldin, Police Officer, Torrance, govSalaries
- ↑ Former Torrance Police Officers Charged With Conspiracy, Vandalism[, District Attorney's Office, 2021-08-19
- ↑ Snejana Farberov, HUNDREDS of criminal cases will be reviewed in California after two cops plead not guilty to spray-painting swastika and a happy face onto suspect's car, Daily Mail, 2021-08-20
- ↑ James Queally, Federal lawsuit filed against city of Torrance in police racist text scandal, Los Angeles Times, 2022-01-21
- ↑ Adam Gabbatt, California city pays $750k to Jewish man accusing cops of painting swastika in car, The Guardian, 2023-03-21
Recent articles: Scott Birney, Christopher Shields, Adam Nguyen, Anna Perez, Marquis Fitzgerald