|Agency||Daphne Alabama Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Ended in 2014.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
|Agency||Mobile Alabama Regional Airport Police Department|
|Last Known Status||Administrative Leave|
2014 Domestic Violence Arrest
The Daphne Police Department was contacted about "continuous unwanted harassment that was occurring over a five month period of time".
The Baldwin County Illinois Sheriff's Office opened a criminal investigation.
The department opened an internal investigation.
On June 5, 2014, Bell was arrested on a third-degree domestic violence charge of harassing communications.
On June 6, 2014, Bell was placed on administrative leave with pay.
In June 2014, Bell was fired by the Mayor.
2022 Indecent Exposure
On September 20, 2022, two women reported seeing Bell exposing himself outside a convenience store.
On September 26, 2022, Bell was arrested and charged with indecent exposure.
Bell was placed on administrative leave.
- Meeting Agenda, Daphne City Council, 2007-06-04
- Tanasia Kenney, Women spot man exposing himself outside store, AL cops say. Ex-police captain charged, Charlotte Observer, 2022-09-28
- John Sharp, Mobile airport policeman, former Daphne captain, arrested for indecent exposure, AL.com, 2022-09-26
- Thyrie Bland, Daphne police captain placed on leave after arrest, AL.com, 2014-06-06
- Marc Anderson, Daphne council upholds firing of police captain, delays vote on interim finance director's appeal, AL.com, 2014-08-11