|Agency||Cincinnati Ohio Police Department|
|Dates of Service||2007 - January 31, 2023.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
Tyus' personnel file included commendations by co-workers, community members, and chiefs of police.
2017 Chief's Commendation
On March 2, 2017, Tyus received the Chief's Commendation for the Week for his actions on November 23, 2016 to assist a person suffering from a medical emergency and keep them from wandering onto a highway.
2022 Stalking Arrest
In April 2022, an ex-girlfriend reported that Tyus was stalking her after she got a new boyfriend. Tyus put a tracking device on the woman's vehicle and made spare keys to her house.
On June 17, 2022, Tyus was charged with menacing by stalking.
Tyus was placed on administrative duty and his police powers were suspended.
On October 6, 2022, Tyus pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of attempt to commit an offense.
On January 31, 2023, Tyus was fired because he "engaged in acts that constitute the offense of menacing by stalking".
- Jatara McGee, Cincinnati police officer on probation after pleading guilty to a crime; police powers suspended, WLWT, 2022-10-12
- Taylor Weiter, Cincinnati police officer fired after 'knowingly stalking' ex-girlfriend, WCPO, 2023-01-31
- Darryl Tyus E, Police Officer, City Of Cincinnati, govSalaries
- Staff Notes, Cincinnati Police Department, 2017-03-02
- Brian Planalp, CPD officer planted Apple AirTag in woman’s car, stalked her for weeks, FOX 19, 2022-10-12