Sedgwick County Kansas Sheriff's Office
|Dates of Service||January 29, 2018 - August 26, 2019.|
|Last Known Status||Separated|
2013 Child Abuse
This incident occurred before Chandler was employed by the Sedgwick County Kansas Sheriff's Office.
In November 2013, the charges were dismissed when "alternative explanations" for the bruises were found.
2019 Solicitation of a Child
From May to July of 2019, Chandler provided a 13-year-old girl with a cell phone and a social media account where he coerced the teen to send him nude photos. Chandler sent the girl nude photos of himself.
In August 2019, the Wellington Kansas Police Department opened an investigation into Chandler for sex crimes against the girl.
Chandler fled to Dallas, Texas and then to Istanbul, Turkey.
Chandler was suspended without pay after failing to report to work.
In April 2020, Chandler was charged with five felony counts of electronic solicitation of a child. Chandler faces 12-54 years in prison on each count.
In March 2021, Chandler was arrested in Budapest, Hungary.
Chandler pleaded guilty to two felony counts of electronic solicitation of a child. 
On April 5, 2023, Chandler was sentenced to 27.5 years in prison.
On May 8, 2023, the Kansas Commission on Peace Officers' Standards and Training (POST) revoked Chandler's law enforcement certification for committing a felony and a lack of good moral character.
- Summary Order of Revocation, Kansas Commission on Peace Officers' Standards and Training, 2023-05-11
- Chandler Derick, Sedgwick County, govSalaries
- Wanted Sedgwick County deputy no longer in US, sheriff's office says, KAKE, 2019-08-13
- (Update) Derick Chandler to serve 27.5 years in prison for 2 counts of electronic solicitation of a child, Sumner News Cow, 2023-04-05
- Laura McMillan, Former Sedgwick County deputy who went missing pleads guilty to solicitation, KSN, 2023-03-10
- Former Sedgwick County deputy pleads guilty in child sex crimes case, KAKE, 2023-03-09