Devin Williams, Jr.
|Agency||Stockton California Police Department|
|Dates of Service||January 2020 - 2021.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
|Agency||Alameda County California Sheriff's Office|
|Dates of Service||Hired September 7, 2021.|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2022 Shooting Deaths of Benison and Maria Tran
On September 7, 2022, police were called on a report of an intruder with a gun. Responding officers found the Trans had been shot and killed. Witnesses identified the shooter as Williams, who had left the scene.
Williams was arrested for suspicion of double homicide and potential special circumstances that could make him eligible for the death penalty.
On December 12, 2022, Williams pleaded not guilty.
- Charmaine Patterson, Calif. Deputy Turns Himself in for the Slaying of Couple in Their Bed: 'Very Bizarre Chain of Events', People, 2022-09-07
- Jeremy Walsh, deputy accused of killing couple in Dublin, Pleasanton Weekly, 2022-09-07
- Couple allegedly slain by deputy, ex-Stockton cop ID’d as retired civil engineer, nurse, Recordnet.com, 2022-09-08
- Officials announce arrest of Alameda County Sheriff's deputy in Dublin double homicide, KPIX CBS SF Bay Area, 2022-09-07
- Case Update, City of Dublin, 2022-09-07
- Ex-Dublin sheriff’s deputy pleads not guilty to charges in double slaying, KRON, 2022-12-12