From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
|Agency||Louisiana State Police|
|Dates of Service||January 5, 2018 - June 4, 2021.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2020 Arrest of Antonio Harris
On June 17, 2020, the department gave Harper a "counseling session". Harper was criticized for using profane language and threatening Harris. 
On January 22, 2021, Harper was placed on administrative leave.
On February 8, 2021, Harper was arrested and placed on paid administrative leave. Harper was charged with misdemeanor simple battery and felony malfeasance in office.
On June 4, 2021, Harper was fired.
About May 12, 2022, state prosecutors charged Harper with misdemeanor simple battery and chose not to pursue the malfeasance charge. Harper faces up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.
- ↑ Rachael Thomas, Louisiana State Police welcomes 27 new troopers to the force, WAFB, 2018-01-05
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Kevin Foster, La. troopers fired after Ronald Greene, Antonio Harris beatings, KNOE, 2021-06-09
- ↑ George Harper, State Police Trooper, Louisiana State Police, govSalaries
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 TRO and Support, LA Boards Commission, 2021-03-04
- ↑ Lester Duhé, Louisiana State Police release new details behind arrests of four troopers, KPLC, 2021-02-08
- ↑ Chris Nakamoto, Two state troopers will remain on payroll despite excessive force arrests, WBRZ, 2021-04-08
- ↑ Louisiana state troopers charged in beating of Black man, KNOE, 2022-05-12
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney