|Agency||Franklin County Ohio Sheriff's Office|
|Dates of Service||2003 - July 20, 2021|
|Last Known Status||Retired.|
2007 Inmate Contact
In 2007, Meade was placed on "No Inmate Contact Status" pending an internal affairs investigation.
He was removed from the list in 2011.
2018 Deaths of Barry Leeth and David Arthur
Meade and other officers were trying to serve an arrest warrant on David Arthur when he and Barry Leeth barricaded themselves in a home. Meade was identified as one of seven deputies who fired their weapons during the shootings of Leeth and Arthur.
In June 2018, Meade was placed on administrative leave for a psych evaluation.
2019 Use of Force
In 2019, Meade deployed his taser on a subject and didn't report the use of force.
In March 2019, Meade received an oral reprimand for violating rules and regulations.
2020 Death of Casey Goodson Jr.
On July 2, 2021, Meade left the sheriff's office on disability retirement.
The Sheriff's Office is waiting until the criminal investigation is complete before pursuing any disciplinary action.
On December 2, 2021, Meade was indicted on two counts of murder and one count of reckless homicide.
On December 2, 2021, Goodson's family filed a lawsuit, alleging Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment violations including excessive force, wrongful death, and that the county could have prevented the shooting at many stages of Meade's employment.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sarah Wynn, Former Franklin County Sheriff's deputy charged with murder of Casey Goodson Jr., ABC 6, 2021-12-02
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Jarrod Clay, Franklin County deputy who shot, killed Casey Goodson Jr. to retire on July 2, ABC 6, 2021-06-04
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Tara Morgan, Personnel file reveals reprimand, mixed reviews for deputy in Goodson fatal shooting, ABC 6, 2020-12-08
- ↑ Csaba Sukosd, Sheriff identifies Franklin County deputies involved in fatal Pike County shooting, ABC 6, 2018-06-18
- ↑ Estate of Casey Goodson, Jr. vs Franklin County, U.S. District Court, 2021-12-02
Recent articles: Larry McDonald Jr., Bradley Mouser, Samuel Fuller, Austin Heiselman (2023), Beri Dave (2020)