|Agency||Topeka Kansas Police Department|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2017 Death of Dominique White
On September 28, 2017, Mackey was placed on administrative leave.
On February 7, 2018, Mackey returned from administrative leave.
On June 27, 2018, White's family filed a lawsuit against the officers and the city.
On September 28, 2020, the U.S. District Court ruled that the officers had not violated White's Fourth Amendments rights and were entitled to qualified immunity. The charges against the city remain undecided.
- Justin Mackey Police Officer City of Topeka, govSalaries
- 2 Topeka Officers Involved in Fatal Shooting Back at Work, Kansas Public Radio, 2018-02-09
- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5898347/Family-man-killed-officers-allege-racism-police.html Family of black man killed when two Kansas officers shot him in the back sue the department six months after cops were cleared in his death], Daily Mail, 2018-06-28
- Steve Fry, Judge rules in favor of 2 Topeka Police Officers in shooting death of Dominique White, WIBW, 2020-09-28
- White v. City of Topeka Opinion, U.S. District Court, 2020-09-28