From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
|Agency||Shreveport Louisiana Police Department|
|Last Known Status||Active|
An officer with the same name, hired in March 2004, was suspended in 2009 due to an outstanding warrant for felony theft. We have reached out to the department for confirmation that this is the same officer.
2020 Assault of Brandon Kennedy
An internal investigation cleared the officers of any wrongdoing.
On December 10, 2021, Kennedy sued the officers, the chief, and the department, claiming retaliation, illegal detention, improper search and seizure, and use of excessive force in violation of his First, Fourth, and Fourteenth Amendment rights.
- ↑ Justin White, Police Sergeant, City of Shreveport, govSalaries
- ↑ Shreveport police officer on administrative leave for having warrant, KSLA, 2009-03-12
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Richard Webster, Shreveport PD settles suit over alleged beating of Black man for supporting Black Lives Matter, KTBS, 2023-02-02
- ↑ Kennedy v Jackson et al First Amended Complaint, U.S. District Court, 2022-08-31
- ↑ Police settle Louisiana suit over 2020 beating of Black man, yahoo!, 2023-01-31
- ↑ Case #29 - Kennedy v. Jackson et al. (WDLA) (Settled), Justice Lab
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney