|Agency||Port Orange Florida Police Department|
|Rank||Captain (October 2, 2016)|
|Dates of Service||1995 - October 29, 2021.|
|Last Known Status||Retired|
2017 Officer of the Year
Kilpatrick was named the 2017 Officer of the Year by the Victim Services Coalition of the 7th Judicial Circuit.
2018 Alleged Forgery
On April 23, 2016, Port Orange Detective David Fouts was critically injured in a motorcycle crash that claimed the life of his wife. Kilpatrick was assigned as Fouts' "liaison", and organized fundraisers and dealt with donations for his medical bills.
On July 10, 2018, Port Orange Officer Justin White alleged that Kilpatrick had altered life insurance documents. White claimed that Kilpatrick attempted to change the beneficiary on Fouts' life insurance policy to exclude his ex-wife.
On October 2, 2018, a two-month investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) "did not produce evidence" of the forgery  and determined that the allegation was "a product of internal rumor mongering".
2019 Alleged Perjury
On March 31, 2019, White and his wife alleged that Kilpatrick had committed perjury during the 2018 forgery investigation.
The investigation was reopened.
On March 26, 2019, the FDLE submitted their review to the State Attorney.
On May 20, 2019, the State Attorney's Office determined that there was "insufficient evidence to support charges" against Kilpatrick.
2022 Grand Theft
The Daytona Beach Police Department received a complaint about missing funds from a bank account setup to help support former Port Orange Detective David Fouts.
On May 4, 2022, Kilpatrick was arrested on charges of grand theft and exploitation of a disabled adult.
- 2016 Annual Report, Port Orange Police Department, 2017-02
- Tony Holt, Port Orange police captain cleared; chief calls forgery accusation 'rumor mongering', Daytona Beach News-Journal, 2018-10-04
- Announcement, Kimberly Kilpatrick, 2021-10-29
- Kimberly Kilpatrick, City of Port Orange, govSalaries
- 2017 Annual Report, Port Orange Police Department, 2018-03
- Lurvin Fernandez, No evidence found against Port Orange Police Department Capt. Kimberly Kilpatrick, Port Orange Observer, 2018-10-02
- Public Integrity Investigation, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, 2019-03-26
- C White Complaints, Volusia Exposed, 2019-08-27
- Investigation File, Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- FDLE arrests former police captain for grand theft, exploitation, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, 2020-05-04