Aurora Colorado Police Department
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2019 Death of Elijah McClain
Woodyard received the pictures that were taken in October 2019, but was not disciplined because he did not respond.
On June 13, 2020, Woodyard and Jason Rosenblatt were "moved off regular duty for their own protection" and are "now working in a non-enforcement capacity." Randy Roedema was reassigned on June 20, 2020.
Woodyard pleaded not guilty.
On November 6, 2023, Woodyard was found not guilty by a jury.
- Erik Ortiz, "Grand jury in Elijah McClain investigation indicts officers, medics in 2019 death", NBC News, 2021-09-01
- Dave Young, Report on the Investigation into the death of Elijah McClain, District Attorney's Office, 2019-11-22
- Patty Nieberg, Cops fired over photos of chokehold used on Elijah McClain, Associated Press, 2020-07-10
- Victoria Albert, Officers involved in Elijah McClain's death re-assigned in "effort to protect" them, CBS News, 2020-06-26
- Lanie Lee Cook, Elijah McClain indictments: Who was charged?, KDVR, 2021-09-01
- Statewide grand jury returns 32-count indictment against Aurora Police officers and Aurora Fire Rescue paramedics in the death of Elijah McClain, Colorado Attorney General, 2021-09-01
- Eric Levenson, Officer who arrested Elijah McClain found not guilty, CNN, 2023-11-06