Elyria Ohio Police Department
|Dates of Service||Hired February 2015.|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2019 Police Commendation Medal
In 2019, Chalkley received the Police Commendation Medal for capturing a murder suspect.
2020 Medal of Merit
2021 Medal of Merit
In 2021, Chalkley received a Medal of Merit for working to formulate a plan to reduce criminal activity at a hotel.
On May 18, 2021, police responded to a call from Chalkley's ex-wife, who reported that Chalkley had driven to her house, was drunk, and had assaulted and threatened to kill her boyfriend.
The boyfriend refused to press charges.
During the investigation, it was learned that Chalkley violated departmental policy by driving his city-provided vehicle outside of city limits. Chalkley initially lied about the incident, but later confessed.
Chalkley was suspended for 30 days.
Chalkley appealed the suspension and it was reduced to 20 days.
2022 Domestic Violence
On November 13, 2022, police responded to a call from Chalkley's ex-wife, who claimed that he arrived at her house for a child custody exchange when it wasn't his scheduled time, and that he pushed her.
Chalkley was trespassed from his ex-wife's property.
An independent municipal prosecutor from North Ridgeville investigated and declined to file charges.
Chalkley was suspended for 45 days for "unbecoming conduct", "immoral conduct", and "conformance to laws".
- Congratulations, Elyria Police Department, 2015-02-02
- Nicholas Chalkley W, Patrolman, City of Elyria, govSalaries
- Elyria police officer suspended 45 days, Chronicle-Telegram, 2023-02-10
- Elyria police officers receive recognition, Morning Journal, 2021-07-15
- Dave O'Brien, Reports detail behavior that got Elyria cop suspended, Chronicle-Telegram, 2023-02-15