Aberdeen Township New Jersey Police Department
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2018.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2021 Drug Test Tampering
In January 2021, Santiago was ordered to take a drug test. Santiago used the pin on his badge to poke a hole in the kit, rendering it untestable.
2021 Evidence Tampering
In May 2021, Santiago deleted a video from the phone of a suspect who was in custody. The video showed the interaction between the suspect and officers before the arrest.
In September 2021, Santiago was charged with two counts of second-degree official misconduct, second-degree engaging in a pattern of misconduct, and two counts of fourth-degree tampering with physical evidence. Santiago was suspended from duty.
In April 2022, Santiago pleaded guilty to two counts of tampering with physical evidence. As part of his guilty plea, Santiago "forfeited his public employment".
On September 9, 2022, Santiago was sentenced to 364 days in jail, followed by three years of probation. Santiago will also be permanently excluded from public service in the state.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Jon Craig, Ex-Jersey Shore Police Officer Sentenced For Tampering With Evidence: Prosecutor, Daily Voice, 2022-09-09
- ↑ Philip Santiago M, Aberdeen Township, govSalaries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Annual Major Discipline Reporting Form, Aberdeen Township Police Department, 2022-12-31
- ↑ Dino Flammia, Aberdeen, NJ cop tampered with drug test and deleted video, authorities say, NJ105, 2021-09-01
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Kathleen Hopkins, Aberdeen ex-cop jailed for tampering with evidence, including his own drug test, Asbury Park Press, 2022-09-09
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney