|Agency||Altamonte Springs Florida Police Department|
|Rank||School Resource Officer.|
|Dates of Service||April 2009 - September 16, 2022.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
Selph was investigated in 2012 for a vehicle crash, and in 2015 for having his department-issued rifle stolen from an unlocked car.
2022 Child Pornography Arrest
Between May 21, 2022 and September 13, 2022, Selph shared photos and videos of underage children online and sent messages stating that he wanted to have sex with children. Selph sent some messages while he was on duty and sent pictures of himself in uniform.
On September 13, 2022, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement served a warrant on Selph's house related to a child porn investigation.
On September 13, 2022, Selph was suspended without pay, pending criminal and administrative investigations.
On September 16, 2022, Selph was arrested and charged with 10 counts related to child pornography.
On September 16, 2022, Selph was fired.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Altamonte Springs PD fires school resource officer after arrest on child porn-related charges, Bay News 9, 2022-09-16
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Sarah Wilson, Police: Altamonte Springs school resource officer subject of child porn investigation, WFTV, 2022-09-13
- ↑ Steven Selph D, Senior Police Officer, City of Altamonte Springs, govSalaries
- ↑ Gail Paschall-Brown, Police: Former school resource officer charged for possessing child pornography, WESH, 2022-09-16
- ↑ Matt Reeser, Police: Altamonte Springs school resource officer arrested on child porn charges, WFTV, 2022-09-16
- ↑ Officer Relieved of Duty, Altamonte Springs Police Department, 2022-09-16
Recent articles: Michael Pessoa, Caleb Savage, Matthew Willet, Thomas Degenstein, Elmer Lopez-Castaneda (2023)