Mobile Alabama Police Department
|Dates of Service||Hired March 2022.|
|Last Known Status||Separated|
Mobile County Alabama Sheriff's Office
|Dates of Service||September 2022 - February 2, 2023.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2021 Officer of the Month
In December 2021, Murphy was named Officer of the Month by the Mobile Alabama Police Department, specifically for helping to reduce crime in one neighborhood and for helping to track down another criminal.
2023 Sexual Assault Arrest
A news outlet reported that the crimes occurred when Murphy was on duty.
On January 24, 2023, Murphy was placed on administrative leave.
On February 2, 2023, Murphy was arrested and charged with first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy charges.
On February 2, 2023, Murphy was fired.
In March 2023, the original victim in the case was killed in a traffic accident.
On May 19, 2023, Murphy was indicted by a grand jury for first-degree sodomy of another victim.
- Ex-Mobile County deputy indicted on sodomy charge, FOX10, 2023-05-19
- Officer of the Month, Mobile Police Department, 2022-01-12
- Summer Poole, Former Mobile Police officer, sheriff’s deputy indicted by grand jury on sodomy charge, WKRG, 2023-05-19
- UPDATE: Bond granted for former Mobile County sheriff’s deputy arrested on sex charges, FOX 10, 2023-02-03
- Lee Peck, Alleged rape victim dies in crash: Mobile D.A. says case involving former deputy moving forward, FOX10, 2023-03-22