Atlanta Georgia Police Department
From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
- Atlanta, Georgia is located in the northwest portion of the state and serves as the state capital.
- Population: 498,715 (2020), making it the most populous city in the state and the 38th most populous city in the United States.
- Officers: 1,447
Body Camera Policy
Atlanta started rolling out body-worn cameras in 2016.
In May 2019, the department stopped participating in joint task forces with federal law enforcement groups as they would not allow Atlanta officers to use body-worn cameras while operating in the task forces.
|Pre-Event Buffer||Duration unknown.|
|Activation||Manually "as soon as it is practically possible".|
|Schedule||Normal work schedules, extra jobs, and overtime.|
|Victim/Witness Rights||Homicide and SVU personnel have the authorization to restrict videos pertaining to their cases.|
|Retention||In accordance with state requirements, typically 5 years.|
|Source||Policy Manual, SOP 3133, effective May 5, 2021.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Atlanta , wikipedia
- ↑ Atlanta Police Department, wikipedia
- ↑ THE BODY WORN CAMERA, Atlanta Police Foundation
- ↑ Federal task forces ban body cameras, so Atlanta police pull out. Others may follow., U.S. Congressman Don Beyer, 2019-06-14
- ↑ Policy Manual, SOP 3133, Atlanta Police Department, 2021-05-05
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney