|Agency||Aurora Illinois Police Department|
|Dates of Service||2006 - April 2022.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
- Reports are unclear as to whether this incident is part of the harassment incident, below.
Olsen was suspended for 10 days for violating general orders for confidential information and/or unauthorized use of records.
- Reports are unclear as to whether this incident is part of the policy violations incident, below.
Olsen posted a picture of a woman to social media, "along with a message calling her a derogatory sexual slur".
Olsen was charged with three counts of misdemeanor electronic harassment.
2017 Policy Violations
In 2017, Olsen was found to have violated departmental policy.
On September 9, 2017, Olsen was fired.
Olsen appealed the firing.
An arbitrator ruled that the misconduct charges were accurate, but reduced the penalty to a 60-day suspension.
2021 Threats Against a Minor
On April 24, 2021, a father reported that his teenage child had received threatening voicemails. The calls were traced to Olsen's personal number.
Olsen was placed on administrative leave.
In April 2022, Olsen was fired from the department.
The DuPage County State's Attorney declined to bring criminal charges.
- Geoff Dempsey, Aurora Police Officer Faces Online Harassment Charge, patch.com, 2017-07-07
- Aurora Police Department fires Officer Jonathan Olsen, says he sent threatening voicemails to teen, CBS News, 2022-04-15
- Hannah Leone, Aurora officer fired amid criminal proceedings in Instagram harassment case, Chicago Tribune, 2017-10-06
- Aurora police officer Jonathan Olsen fired for leaving threatening voicemails for teenager, police say, FOX 32, 2022-04-16