2020 Death of Ryan Simms
Perez fired his weapon 14 times, and the use of force was found to be legally justified.
2021 Beating of Dalonta Crudup
Perez kicked Crudup at least four times, according to the video.
On July 26, 2021, Perez was relieved of duty (with pay) effective.
Aug 2, 2021, Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle announced first-degree misdemeanor battery charges against the five officers involved.
Sept 9, 2021, the five officers were arraigned and charged with misdemeanor battery.
- Martin Vassolo, Statement by Chief Clements, Twitter, 2021-07-26
- Katherine Fernandez Rundle Police Shooting Memo, State Attorney's Office, 2021-05-11
- Rosh Lowe, 5 Miami Beach police officers face battery charges after rough arrests, local10.com, 2021-08-02
- Saira Anwer, 5 Miami Beach police officers arraigned on battery charges for rough arrests, local10.com, 2021-09-09
- Charges Upgraded To Felonies For Three Miami Beach Police Officers Accused Of Rough Arrest, CBS Miami, 2021-09-23
- Felony Charges to be Filed Against Three Miami Beach Police Officers, Miami State Attorney's Office, 2021-09-23