San Francisco California Police Department
- San Francisco, California is located in Northern California.
- Population: 873,965 (2020), making it the fourth most populous city in California and the 17th most populous city in the United States
- Officers: 2,140
Body Camera Policy
- Danny De Leon Garcia
- Adam Eatia
- Christopher Flores
- Sterling Hayes
- Brett Hernandez
- John Quinlan
- Terrance Stangel
Department directives require the identification of officers involved in shootings within 10 days of the incident in most instances.
The department's use of force policy discusses the use of a less-lethal weapon when another officer is available to provide cover.
2016 Shooting Investigations
In the June 2016 election, San Francisco voters approved Proposition D, which required the San Francisco Office of Citizen Complaints (OCC) to launch an investigation every time a city police officer shoots someone, regardless of whether or not there is a complaint.
- San Francisco, wikipedia
- San Francisco Police Department
- General Order - Use of Force, San Francisco Police Department, 2016-12-21
- San Francisco, California, Citizen Complaints Office Investigations of Police Shootings, Proposition D (June 2016), balletpedia.org