From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
|Agency||San Antonio Texas Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Ended June 2020.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2019 Arrest of Matthew Garza
Vargas was suspended indefinitely.
In January 2020, Garza filed a complaint against the officers.
Investigators determined that Vargas had used unnecessary force in lifting Garza from the ground and that his use of the taser "far exceeded the reasonable force necessary to accomplish the arrest".
In June 2020, Vargas was fired.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fares Sabawi, After firing 4 officers for excessive force, San Antonio police chief asks for FBI review, KSAT, 2020-08-13
- ↑ Andre Nicholas Vargas, Police Officer, City of San Antonio, govSalaries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fares Sabawi, San Antonio police officer fired after kneeling on suspect’s neck: records, KSAT, 2020-08-12
- ↑ Fares Sabawi, Former SAPD officer accused of kneeling on suspect’s neck criminally charged, KSAT, 2022-03-23
- ↑ Fares Sabawi, After firing 4 officers for excessive force, San Antonio police chief asks for FBI review, KSAT, 2020-08-13
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney