|Agency||Tallahassee Florida Police Department|
|Dates of Service||2020 - 2022|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2022 Battery of Suspect
On January 17, 2022, Hansford was at the county jail when Officer Edward Campbell brought a DUI suspect in for a breathalyzer test. Hansford and the suspect "appeared to become irritated with one another", with the suspect challenging Hansford to a fight, while Hansford lunged at the handcuffed man, accused the suspect of spitting on him, and put his hands around his throat.
Campbell intervened, and pushed Hansford to the ground.
Hansford was placed on administrative leave.
On January 24, 2022, Hansford was fired "due to the nature of his actions and failure to follow TPD’s policies and procedures".
In February 2022, Hansford was charged with misdemeanor battery and pleaded not guilty.
- Tallahassee police officer fired after confrontation at jail, WCTV, 2022-01-24
- Former Tallahassee police officer charged with battery in jail confrontation, WCTV, 2022-03-11
- TPD Significant Incident, Tallahassee Police Department YouTube channel, 2022-01-24
- TPD Significant Incident - Part 3, Tallahassee Police Department YouTube channel, 2022-01-26
- TPD Significant Incident - Part 4, Tallahassee Police Department YouTube channel, 2022-01-26