|Agency||Cincinnati Ohio Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2004|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2015 Domestic Violence
Dozier slapped his son in the face with an open hand, leaving a hand print and loosening a tooth, and punched him in the stomach.
Dozier was placed on administrative leave.
In September 2015, Dozier was arrested and charged with misdemeanor domestic violence.
Dozier pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
Dozier was placed on the county's Brady List of officers whose actions put their credibility into question and might be bad witnesses in court.
2017 Nightclub Shooting
On March 25, 2017, Dozier and other officers were working security at a nightclub when a gunman killed two people and injured 15 others.
On November 13, 2017, the family of one of the victims filed a lawsuit against Dozier, other officers, the city, and the nightclub's ownership.
2020 Arrest of Samson Jackson
In April 2020, Dozier and other officers arrested Jackson on an outstanding warrant. While handcuffed in the back of Dozier's cruiser, Jackson removed his lap restraint, hit his head on the divider, spit at Dozier, and challenged Dozier to a fight. Dozier stopped the car and Tased Jackson multiple times.
Dozier charged Jackson with resisting arrest, aggravated menacing, and harassment by an inmate with a bodily fluid.
The incident was captured by Dozier's body-worn camera.
The department conducted an internal investigation and suspended Dozier for 24 hours.
Jackson pleaded no contest to the charge of harassment by an inmate with a bodily fluid.
On July 23, 2022, the other charges against Jackson were dismissed.
On April 29 2022, Jackson filed a lawsuit, alleging the use of excessive force and civil rights violations.
2022 First Amendment Audit
In 2022, Dozier encountered First Amendment Auditor Morgan Chan, who was in the department's parking lot. Dozier ordered Chan to leave the lot, refused to verbally identify himself, and refused to contact a supervisor when requested. Dozier repeatedly told Chan to "get a job".
The incident was captured on Chan's cameras. Dozier was equipped with a body-worn camera.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jennifer Baker, VIDEO: Cincinnati police officer repeatedly fires Taser at handcuffed suspect in cruiser, FOX 19, 2022-08-29
- ↑ David Dozier S, Police Officer, City Of Cincinnati, govSalaries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Jennifer Baker, Cincinnati officer who fired Taser at handcuffed suspect in cruiser ‘should have known better’, senator says, FOX 19, 2022-07-29
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Jennifer Baker, 2nd lawsuit filed over Cameo Night Club shooting, FOX 19, 2017-11-17
- ↑ Bodycam shows Cincinnati officer tasing man in handcuffs; lawsuit filed against city, WLWT, 2022-07-28
- ↑ Jackson v. City of Cincinnati et al, U.S. District Court, 2022-04-29
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney