|Agency||Norwalk Connecticut Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired December 28, 2015.. Took a leave of absence from May 2020 - August 2020 to join the Stamford Police Department. Ended June 18, 2021.|
|Last Known Status||Resigned|
|Agency||Stamford Connecticut Police Department|
|Dates of Service||May 6, 2020 - August 29, 2020.|
|Last Known Status||Gonzalez returned to the Norwalk Police Department.|
2019 Firearm Theft
Gonzalez left a rifle and shotgun in his convertible before they were stolen.
The department does not issue patrol rifles to officers, but allows them to qualify on and carry their own weapons.
Gonzalez was charged with misdemeanor reckless endangerment. Gonzalez faces up to a year in prison and a $2,000 fine.
Gonzalez filed reports that he had stopped drivers and written warning citations.
In April 2021, a driver called the department to ask about a warning citation they had received.
On February 7, 2022, Gonzalez was charged with five counts of computer crime 3 and five counts of forgery.
On February 9, 2023, the state's Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) Council revoked Gonzalez's police certification.
- 2021 Annual Report, Norwalk Police Department, 2021
- Ex-Norwalk Police Officer Edgar Gonzalez Accused Of Falsifying Traffic Stop Reports, CBS News, 2022-02-09
- John Nickerson, Norwalk cop’s guns stolen; police uncertain if car was locked, Stamford Advocate, 2019-12-06
- Edgar Gonzalez, Police Department - Police Officer, City of Norwalk, govSalaries
- Nancy Chapman, Former NPD officer arrested, accused of falsely claiming to have issued traffic warnings, Nancy on Norwalk, 2022-02-10
- Decertified Officers, Police Officer Standards and Training Council