Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2007.|
|Last Known Status||Administrative Leave|
2021 Ribbon of Valor
On October 18, 2021, Jevric received a Ribbon of Valor from the Metropolitan Police Department.
2021 Death of An'Twan Gilmore
On August 25, 2021, multiple officers were dispatched to reports of a man asleep or unconscious in a car at a stoplight. An officer who initially approached the car saw a handgun in Gilmore's waistband. The officers regrouped, waited for Jevric to arrive with a ballistic shield, and then tapped on the driver's window. Gilmore woke up and started to drive off, as officers ordered him to "don't move". Jevric fired, striking Gilmore. Officers rendered aid until EMS responded. Gilmore was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The incident was captured on body-worn cameras.
Jevric was placed on paid administrative leave.
An investigation was opened by the U.S. Attorney's Office.
On November 10, 2021, Gilmore's estate filed a lawsuit against Jevric, the District, and the department.
On March 7, 2023, Jevric was indicted on charges of second-degree murder, using a firearm to commit murder, and civil rights violations. Jevric faces up to life in prison.
On March 7, 2023, Jevric pleaded not guilty.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 D.C. officer charged with murder in connection with fatal shooting of man who was found asleep in his car, CBS News, 2023-03-08
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Gilmore v Jevric, et al Complaint 1:21-cv-02972, U.S. District Court, 2021-11-10
- ↑ Initial Decision, Office of Employee Appeals, 2021-08-30
- ↑ Enis Jevric, Sergeant, Metropolitan Police Department, govSalaries
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Matthew Stabley, DC Police Sergeant Charged With Murder, Civil Rights Violation in 2021 Shooting, NBC 4, 2023-03-07
- ↑ Annual Awards Ceremony, Metropolitan Police Department, 2021-10-18
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Community Briefing, OfficialDCPolice Youtube, 2021-08-26
- ↑ MPD Sergeant Charged with Federal Civil Rights Violation and Second-Degree Murder, U.S. Attorney's Office, 2023-03-07
Recent articles: Scott Birney, Christopher Shields, Adam Nguyen, Anna Perez, Marquis Fitzgerald