From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
New London Connecticut Police Department
|Rank||Detective (2017), Lieutenant|
|Dates of Service||2007 - 2011. 2013 - current.|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
In 2009, Bergeson was off-duty and intoxicated at a club when he slapped a woman.
Bergeson received a suspension.
2022 First Amendment Audit
The department conducted an internal investigation and Bergeson was cited for violating department policy regarding "respect and courtesy", "conduct unbecoming an officer", and "use of force reporting".
Bergeson was suspended for eight days and ordered to take training.
The New London County State's Attorney reviewed the report from the investigation and determined there were no violations of any criminal statutes.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Officer Josh Bergeson to be promoted to Detective, New London Police Department, 2017-02-15
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Greg Smith, One officer on leave, another suspended in New London, The Day, 2023-03-29
- ↑ Joshua Bergeson, City of New London, govSalaries
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dirk Langeveld, Two NLPD Captains Retire; Officer Fired, Patch, 2012-01-07
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Greg Smith, First Amendment 'audit' leads to suspension of Conn. officer, Police1, 2023-04-08
Recent articles: Scott Birney, Christopher Shields, Adam Nguyen, Anna Perez, Marquis Fitzgerald