|Agency||Chicago Illinois Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2018.|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2020 Death of Guadalupe Franco-Martinez
On June 3, 2020, Blanco was pursuing a homicide suspect, reaching speeds of at least 101 MPH. Police supervisors told officers to end the chase, but those orders were disregarded. Blanco ran a red light, striking Franco-Martinez's vehicle and killing her.
The incident was captured by city surveillance cameras.
On June 3, 2020, the Civilian Office of Police Accountability opened an investigation.
Franco-Martinez's family sued the city and Blanco. Blanco was later removed from the lawsuit.
On September 21, 2022, the city approved a $15 million settlement with the family of Franco-Martinez.
- Todd Feurer, City Council Finance Committee signs off on nearly $25 million in settlements in police misconduct lawsuits, CBS News, 2022-09-19
- Juan Blanco IV, Police Officer, City of Chicago Department of Finance, govSalaries
- Jessica D'Onofrio, Chicago police chase: Family of mother of 6 killed during police pursuit across city demands answers, ABC 7 Chicago, 2020-06-05
- Video Shows Horrific Crash That Left Woman Dead During Police Chase Through City, CBS News, 2022-06-04
- City Council approves $25 million in settlements for police misconduct lawsuits, CBS News, 2022-09-21