|Agency||Madison Wisconsin Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in September 2015.|
|Last Known Status||Active|
On October 10, 2021, Brown inadvertently shot another officer during an arrest.
Brown was placed on administrative leave.
In November 2021, the District Attorney found no criminal liability and chose not to file charges against Brown.
2022 Disorderly Conduct Arrest
On November 9, 2022, Brown and a woman were at a restaurant when she tried to take a picture of them with her phone. Brown grabbed the woman's hands and phone, and her hands were cut in several places. Brown pinned the woman against a wall during the incident.
On November 9, 2022, Brown was arrested and tentatively charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and battery/intimidation of a victim.
Brown was placed on leave.
On November 21, 2022, Brown was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Brown faces a $1,000 fine and/or a 90-day sentence.
On January 20, 2023, Brown resigned, after which the department cancelled its investigation.
- ↑ MPD Welcomes New Recruits, City of Madison, 2015-09-11
- ↑ Keith Brown, Police Officer, City of Madison, govSalaries
- ↑ Naomi Kowles, Attorney: Police ‘really muffed this’ in alleged State Street officer shooting, Channel 3000, 2021-1013
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Madison police officer arrested for battery, victim intimidation, Channel 3000, 2022-11-17
- ↑ DOJ: Madison police officer responsible for State Street shooting that injured officer, Channel 3000, 2021-10-18
- ↑ Sierra Rehm, Dane County DA finds no criminal liability for Madison police officer who shot another officer on State Street, WKOW, 2022-02-15
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Juliana Tornabene, MPD officer resigns amid disorderly conduct allegation, internal investigation, WMTV, 2023-02-02
- ↑ Nick Viviani, Three Madison police employees arrested in past two weeks, NBC 15, 2022-11-17
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney