|Agency||Doral Florida Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2017.|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2020 Employee Excellence Award
In 2020, Acosta received the department's Employee Excellence Award.
Acosta cut off another man, exited his vehicle, drew his weapon, and engaged the other driver.
The State Attorney's Office decided that Acosta would not be charged as the witness claimed he was not afraid of Acosta, who he assumed was impersonating a police officer.
2017 Arrest of Victor Sepulveda
On September 9, 2021, Sepulveda filed a lawsuit against the City of Doral and Officers Felipe, Tellez, Acosta, and Diaz, claiming violations of his Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment Constitutional rights, and other rights under state and federal law.
On September 1, 2022, a jury ruled in Sepulveda's favor against Tellez, Acosta, and Diaz, and ordered $600,000 in compensation.
2021 Shooting of Gabriel Rodriguez
On April 19, 2021, officers responded to a fight and determined that the incident was actually an armed robbery. A car fled from the scene, and Acosta joined the pursuit. When the chase ended, it was determined that Rodriguez had been shot twice.
Acosta did not report firing his weapon during the chase. Ballistics showed that Rodriguez had been shot by Acosta.
Acosta was relieved of duty pending an internal investigation.
In July 2022, the State Attorney's Office decided that Acosta would not be charged as Florida officers are justified in the use of any force while arresting fleeing felons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Doral Police Officer Won't Be Charged in Chase and Shooting, Road Rage Incident, NBC Miami, 2022-08-26
- ↑ Annual Report, City of Doral Police Department, 2017
- ↑ Michael Acosta E, Police Officer, City of Doral, govSalaries
- ↑ 2020 Annual Report, City of Doral Police Department, 2020
- ↑ Sepulveda vs City of Doral, et al. Complaint, U.S. District Court, 2021-09-09
- ↑ Sepulveda vs City of Doral, et al. Verdict, U.S. District Court, 2020-09-01
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney