|Agency||Norwalk Connecticut Police Department|
|Dates of Service||January 17, 2012.|
|Last Known Status||Resigned|
2015 Meritorious Commendation Certificate
On February 26, 2015, DiMeglio received a Meritorious Commendation Certificate for "courage and conviction" after he and another officer "scaled the rocky cliffs in the thickly wooded area" to help a suicidal juvenile.
In 2016, DiMeglio was suspended for two days due to “insubordination” and for a violation involving the use of department equipment.
2020 Dereliction of Duty
In April 2020, DiMeglio was dispatched on a report of a suspicious person. After he did not respond, officers found him asleep at his house.
2020 Dereliction of Duty
DiMeglio received a call for a house alarm. On body-worn camera video, DiMeglio is shown working to clear the home with his service weapon drawn.
DiMeglio, Laudano, and the friend met up in a school parking lot to continue drinking for at least two hours.
DiMeglio received three calls for service, which he claimed to have responded to. All of the reporting parties later said that they had not been contacted by an officer.
Later in the shift, police dispatchers attempted to reach Laudano by radio and cell phone. When she did not respond, they tracked the GPS in her police cruiser to a hotel, where they found DiMeglio and Laudano who were "not in a condition to respond to calls for service".
DiMeglio and Laudano were placed on administrative leave.
An internal investigaton found that DiMeglio and Laudano had "betrayed the public trust".
On March 10, 2021, DiMeglio and Laudano were decertified by the state's Police Officer Standards and Training Council, which prevents them from working as police officers in the state.
On September 29, 2021, a judge denied DiMeglio's request to enter an accelerated rehabilitation program, which could have led to the charges being dropped. The judge described the charges as "too serious".
On October 15, 2021, DiMeglio and Laudano resigned.
On March 24, 2022, DiMeglio pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of sixth-degree larceny and second-degree reckless endangerment and was fined $1,000. DiMeglio will not be eligible to recertify as a police officer in the state.
- 2020 Annual Report, Norwalk Police Department, 2020
- Michael Dimeglio, Police Department - Police Officer, City of Norwalk, govSalaries
- Pat Tomlinson, Former Norwalk officer pleads guilty to reduced charges, won’t be allowed to recertify as police officer, Stamford Advocate, 2022-03-24
- Annual Awards Ceremony, Norwalk, CT Police Department, 2015-02-27
- Richard Chumney, At least a dozen Norwalk police officers punished for misconduct since 2015, records show, The Hour, 2021-07-18
- Pat Tomlinson, Warrant: CT police officers were drinking and driving, ignoring service calls, CT Insider, 2021-01-06
- Pat Tomlinson, Officers accused of drinking on duty resign from Norwalk PD, The Hour, 2021-10-19
- Richard Chumney, Ex-Norwalk cops decertified after probe found they ‘betrayed the public trust,’ documents show, The Hour, 2022-03-17
- Pat Tomlinson, Norwalk officer accused of drinking on duty denied pretrial probation program, Stamford Advocate, 2021-09-29
- Pat Tomlinson, State extends plea deal to former Norwalk cops accused of drinking and ignoring calls while on duty, CT Insider, 2022-03-10