|Agency||Boston Massachusetts Police Department|
|Dates of Service||June 22, 1994 - 2018|
|Last Known Status||Retired|
1995 Indecent Assault of a Child
In 1995, a 12 year-old child made a criminal complaint against Rose for Indecent Assault and Battery on a Child Under Fourteen.
The charges were dropped when the victim recanted.
On June 17, 1996, the Internal Affairs department noted that the victim was unwilling to cooperate with the investigation, but reported that there was enough evidence to support the allegations.
Rose was placed on administrative duty and was relieved of his weapon.
In 1997, after a threat of action by the the officer's union, Rose was returned to full duty.
2006 School Bus Incident
On March 31, 2006, a school bus driver argued with a juvenile over his use of a cell phone. The driver ordered the boy off the bus, but he refused as he wanted to exit at a later stop. A police crossing guard ordered the boy to leave the bus. Rose arrived, and claimed that the boy struck him in the face while making a dismissive motion with his hand. Rose allegedly pulled the boy from the bus and threw him on the ground. Rose brought the boy home and met with the mother.
After their meeting, the mother filed a complaint, stating that Rose had verbally and physically abused her son, and that Rose threatened to file charges if a complaint was made.
Rose was investigated for violation of policies regarding Use of Force, Respectful Treatment, and incident reporting.
On December 29, 2006, a review by the Internal Affairs department determined the use of force to be proper, found the Respectful Treatment claim to be not sustained, and sustained the allegation regarding incident reporting.
Indecent Assault of a Child
A 12 year-old girl, who had been abused by Rose from the age of 7, reported the assaults to a family member.
An investigation found that, from the 1990s until 2020, Rose abused six juvenile members of his family.
On August 12, 2020, Rose was charged with indecent assault and battery on a child under 14, aggravated rape, enticement of a minor, open and gross lewdness, and dissemination of matter harmful to a minor.
On August 25, 2020, additional charges were added as more victims came forward.
Rose pleaded not guilty.
On April 25, 2022, Rose pleaded guilty to 21 counts of child rape and sexual assault. Twelve other charges were dismissed as part of the plea.
Rose was sentenced to 10-13 years in prison. After his release, Rose will register as a sex offender, serve 10 years of probation, and wear an ankle monitor.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Internal Affairs File, Boston Legal Department, 2021-04-20
- ↑ Former Boston police union president Patrick Rose pleads guilty to child rape charges, WCVB, 2022-04-25
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Asher Klein, Ex-Boston Police Union President Arrested on Child Sex Charges, Source Says, NBC Boston, 2020-08-12
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Michael Jonas, Internal affairs file shows former police commissioner Evans was informed of Rose findings, Commonwealth Magazine, 2021-04-20
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Internal Affairs packet, Boston Police Department
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Kayleigh Thomas, Former Boston police officer pleads guilty to child sexual abuse charges, WWLP, 2022-04-28
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Mike Manzoni, ‘Monstrous, Monstrous Acts': Ex-Boston Police Union President Pleads Guilty to Child Rape, NBC Boston, 2022-04-25
- ↑ Ex-Boston Police Union Pres. Charged With Yearslong Sexual Abuse of Young Relative, NBC Boston, 2020-08-0013
- ↑ Ex-Boston Police Union Pres. Charged With Raping 4 More Children, NBC Boston, 2020-08-25
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney